Starting Monday August 30th, the City of McMinnville is closing all public access to walk-in services and lobbies. This includes access to City Hall at 101 E. Main St., 1266 Belmont St., Fire Halls, and the Police Department.
• Municipal Court will be held at the Park Theater.
• Planning Commission, BZA, and Historic Zoning meetings will be held at the Park Theater.
• Events currently planned to be held at the Park Theater are postponed.
• Large indoor gatherings including classes at the Milner Center are postponed.
• Outdoor recreation leagues will proceed as planned.
• City board meetings will be moved back to the City Hall first floor lobby.
• Face coverings, based on CDC guidelines, are required when appropriate on city property for all City employees, contractors, and visitors as recommended by the CDC. Exemptions must be approved by Human Resources. https://www.cdc.gov/…/pre…/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
• For employees, non-essential meetings, trainings or conferences, sporting events, and any other activities where there are large gatherings are canceled.
• For employees, all non-essential travel, in-person meetings, trainings, or attendance of conferences where there are large gatherings is prohibited. When possible, internal meetings (not requiring public participation) will be converted to Teams Video or Zoom.
• To pay a water bill, taxes, or to obtain a business license please visit the walk-up window on the Court Square side of City Hall, call 931-473-1200, or pay online at https://new.nexbillpay.net/mcminnville. Drop boxes are also available at 101 E Main St and 202 Bell St. If you only have cash and require change, we will credit that change to your account. Bills can also be paid at Security Federal, First National, Citizen’s Tri-County, and Homeland Banks.
• To pay tickets please call the Police Department at 931-473-3808. A drop box is also available at the City Hall. Records requests can be emailed to email@example.com. Municipal Court information and requests can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Community Development Department will be open by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 931-473-1204. Information can be submitted in various alternative ways, and fees can be paid by dropbox, over the phone or online. We will continue to issue building permits and perform inspections.
• To contact the Fire Department, call 931-473-6739 or 931-474-6704.
Following similar precautions being taken across the state, and the nation, these precautionary measures are being taken to limit the recent surge of COVID-19 cases locally. All emergency services and garbage collection services will continue to operate fully and as regularly scheduled. City staff and most services will continue to be available by phone and many services are available online.
The City continues to monitor updates from the CDC and state health officials and will adjust our response plans and operations based upon their advice.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Tennessee, please visit: www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html