On Monday April 27th, 2020 Franklin County Sheriff’s Office personnel attempted to initiate a traffic stop on Highway 130 adjacent to North Lake Elementary School. The suspect vehicle failed to yield, and a vehicle pursuit did ensue. The pursuit proceeded on Highway 130 to Bible Crossing Road, down Highway 127 (AEDC Road) and onto Wattendorf Highway where the suspect vehicle was forced off the road by deputies. Deputies recovered approximately 5.5 grams of a plantlike substance believed to be marijuana, 1.9 grams of a pink rocklike substance believed to be heroin and 7.6 grams of a white substance believed to be methamphetamine.
Jason Wesley Pope of Shelbyville, TN. Patience Ann Keith of Tullahoma were both taken into custody and transported to the Franklin County Jail and both face multiple charges.
Pope was booked into the Franklin County Jail and charged with
1. Felony Evading
2. Aggravated assault
3. Possession of Schedule I (heroin)
4. Felonious Possession of methamphetamine
5. Simple possession/Casual exchange of a Schedule VI
6. Reckless Endangerment
7. Reckless Driving
8. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
9. Failure to obey traffic control device
Pope is currently being held on a $35,000 bond and has a court date set for Thursday November 19th, 2020 at 8:00am in Franklin County General Sessions Court.
Keith was booked into the Franklin County Jail and charged with
1. Simple Possession/Casual Exchange of a Schedule VI
2. Possession of Schedule I (heroin)
3. Felonious Possession of Schedule II Methamphetamine
Keith is currently being held at the Franklin County Jail under a $10,000 bond and has a court date set for Thursday November 19th, 2020 in Franklin County General Sessions Court.