On Tuesday, September 8, Manchester City Schools will return to a traditional school schedule. They began the year with our Pathway to Re-entry 2020-2021 and it helped our district open the school year effectively. As Manchester City Schools moved into the first semester of school and developed procedures to address COVID-19, they believe it is in the best interest of students to return to in person instruction. Dr Joey Vaughn, director of schools said, “While we will continue to monitor active COVID-19 cases in our community, we will also take into consideration the impact the pandemic is having in our district as well as individual schools and classrooms.” As a reminder, from August 31 – September 4, we will continue with the current hybrid plan.
Procedures will remain in place at each school to help ensure the health and safety of our school family.
· Masks are recommended for all. Wear them correctly (covering nose and mouth).
· Daily temperature checks
· Frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing
· Social distancing practices when feasible
· Strategic movement of students
· Cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces and objects throughout the day
Manchester City Schools will continue to partner with the Tennessee Department of Health for guidance related to mitigation strategies as well as steps to follow when a positive case is identified.