The Tennessee Department of Education is pleased to announce 176 schools were selected for the second cohort of trauma-informed schools in Tennessee. This new cohort more than doubles the original 73 schools from the first trauma-informed schools cohort which launched in 2018-19.
In Tennessee, the model trauma-informed school designation recognizes schools for their emphasis on implementing trauma-informed strategies to provide critical supports for students. Schools implementing trauma-informed approaches have seen improvements in school climate, attendance, and teacher satisfaction, while seeing a reduction in suspensions and expulsions, stress for staff and students, and more.
- Bedford County: Harris Middle School, Learning Way Elementary, Thomas Magnet, Liberty
- Cannon County: Woodbury Grammar
- Franklin County: North Middle School, Huntland
- Grundy County: Palmer Elementary, North Elementary, Swiss Memorial Elementary, Coalmont Elementary, Tracy City Elementary, Pelham Elementary
- Tullahoma City: Tullahoma High School
- Warren County: Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary, Centertown Elementary