Tullahoma Officials announced that an interdisciplinary team led by The Walker Collaborative has been selected for the Tullahoma citywide planning project, ThinkTullaoma2040, Take off To Tomorrow. “The City is looking forward to embarking on this important citywide process with The Walker Collaborative,” said Jennifer Moody, City Administrator. “This year-long effort is a major investment that the City is making in the future of our community. Residents, business employers and employees, property owners and developers, institutions, non-profit organizations, and many other stakeholders will be active participants in this process and a key component to ensuring that the citywide plan reflects the values of our community. The selection process was very competitive, and I want to thank the other highly qualified and respected firms that participated.”
“The Walker Collaborative team brings a deep understanding of planning issues and a fresh, creative approach to public engagement,” said Director of Community Development, Winston Brooks. “Using a rigorous, data-driven process, the Walker Collaborative team will complement and augment the capacity of City staff to develop a strategic framework to address a broad range of issues including mobility, housing, land use, environment, downtown revitalization, economic development, and open space.”
The planning process that will be kicked off this fall will span about ten months, include a robust community engagement process, and be followed by an ongoing plan implementation.
“The ThinkTullahoma 2040 plan will create a shared vision for the city, develop policy and design goals and actionable recommendations to guide future changes in the city,” said Senior Planner, Mary Samaniego. “The end result of this process will be a shared vision on how Tullahoma can remain livable and sustainable for the current generation and for generations to come.” For additional information contact Winston Brooks at email@example.com or 931-247-1574.
The Walker Collaborative develops a rigorous research-based approach for finding the best solutions. The team members include:
- Philip L. Walker, FAICP: Planner: The Walker Collaborative Project Role: Project Manager, including preparing presentations, leading meetings, and drafting main portions of the plan.
- Keith Covington, AICP, RA: Planner, Urban Designer & Architect – Common Ground Urban Design + Planning Project Role: Land planning, urban design, participating in all key meetings, and providing input into the plan.
- Liesel Goethert, AICP: Transportation Planner – KCI Technologies, Inc. Project Role: Transportation planning, participating in key meetings, and providing input into the plan.
- Kayla Ferguson, PE: Engineer/Planner – KCI Technologies, Inc. Project Role: Traffic engineering, civil engineering issues tied to infrastructure and utilities, participating in meetings, and providing input into the plan.
- Randall Gross: Economist & Strategic Planner – Randall Gross / Development Economics Project Role: Economic and market conditions assessment and/or analysis, fiscal analysis, and strategic planning.