Updated information for Monday, June 1
In accordance with the guidance set forth in the governor’s exercise facility guidelines, the D.W. Wilson Community Center will continue operation under the following criteria:
• On Monday, June 1st, D.W. Wilson Community Center will open for use of the Weight Room, Indoor Pool for Lap Swim, Self-Guided Deep Water Exercise, Water Walking, and Pickleball Monday to Friday. The center remains closed on Saturday & Sunday.
• Observe social distancing guidelines at all times, and wash your hands when entering and leaving the building.
• Patrons will be pre-screened for entry. If you are not feeling well, stay home! Patrons over the age of 65 or those who have chronic medical conditions—take extra precaution or refrain from use of the facility at this time.
• Lockers and showers will not be available for use at this time. Leave valuables and extra belongings in your vehicle. Only bring in what you need and plan accordingly.
• Bring your own water! Public water fountains will not be accessible at this time. The bottle filler will be operational for refills, if needed.
• Face coverings and masks are recommended at all times, except the act of swimming. Do not wear a mask in the water.
• Bring your own equipment if you have it available to reduce common contact surfaces.
Hours for the Lap Swim will be from 6am to 11am and 12pm-2pm, Monday to Friday.
• No lane sharing. One swimmer per lane.• Six swimmers will be allowed in the building at a time. Once a capacity of six is reached, all others may wait in outside until a lane opens. First come, first served. Wait lists will not be used; you must be present to enter.
Hours for the Self Guided Deep Water Exercise and Water Walking will be from 11am-12pm, Monday to Friday. Space is limited to ten participants for each activity.
Hours for the Weight Room will be from 6:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday.
• Ten weight room patrons will be allowed in the building at a time. Once a capacity of ten is reached, all others may wait outside for the next available entry slot. First come, first served. Wait lists will not be used; you must be present to enter.• Clean your machines and weights immediately after each use with cleaning materials provided.• Only patrons 16 years of age and up will be admitted to the Weight Room.
Hours for Pickleball will be 12pm-3pm, Monday to Friday.
• Twenty Pickleball players will be allowed in the building at a time. Once a capacity of twenty is reached, all others may wait outside for the next available entry slot. First come, first served. Wait lists will not be used; you must be present to enter.
* At this time, the June 1st operational changes do not include: Basketball gym use, fitness or water classes, Splash Island, playgrounds, community garden, meeting rooms, fitness studio, café, birthday parties, C.D. Stamps Community Center, lobby and common area use, or any regularly scheduled programs.
In accordance with the guidance set forth in the governor’s guidelines, Tullahoma Parks and Recreation will open park amenities under the following criteria:
• On Monday, June 1st, selected park restrooms will open with the following schedule:
Frazier McEwen Park Restroom- 9am-7pm
Waggoner Park Main Restroom- 10am-7pm (Little League Restroom will remain closed)
Jefferson Street Park Restroom- 11am-7pm
• Park restrooms will be serviced every 2 hours.• Observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
Playgrounds: All playgrounds remain closed to the public at this time.
The Bark Park at Waggoner Park is open from sunrise to sunset. Observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
Park Pavilions are open for use from sunrise to sunset. Rentals are available for groups of 50 people or less at D.W. Wilson Community Center in four hour blocks: 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm and 4pm-8pm. Rental rates are available at www.tullahomaparks.com. Observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
Athletic Field Use:
Athletic Fields are available for individual or small group non-contact sports and activities on a first come first served basis under the Governor’s Executive Order #38 and the Tennessee Pledge Guidelines on Non-Contact Sports.
League play, scheduled practice, and tournaments will require prior approval via the Athletic Field Use Application, proper insurance, and an operation plan which addresses participant/spectator screening, social distancing, hand sanitizer/hand washing stations, restroom monitoring, and other elements of the Tennessee Pledge Guidelines on Non-Contact Sports. The Athletic Field Use Application and Field Rental fees are available at www.tullahomaparks.com.
Guidelines for Reopening Portions of Tullahoma’s D.W. Wilson Center and Outdoor Park Amenities
Updated information for Monday, June 1