As the district opens the 2022-23 school year, Tullahoma City Schools will continue following the health and safety protocols used this past spring semester with minor modifications. TCS will review new information and provide updates as needed.
TCS will continue to update its COVID-19 Data Dashboard, which monitored each TCS campus, so stakeholders can view this information. The district will evaluate the effectiveness of this dashboard throughout the course of the year.
“TCS is excited to welcome back our students for the first day of school on Monday, Aug. 1,” said Director of Schools Dr. Catherine Stephens. “This is the time of year that everybody is excited and eager to start the new year. This will undoubtedly be a great year, and I’m thrilled to get things underway.”
Please review the following updates:
● The use of outdoor spaces for learning, exercise, and socialization is encouraged.
● Visitors will be welcomed; please check with your individual school-level administration to determine expectations of and procedures for any visitors.
● TCS will continue practicing routinely washing hands with soap and water throughout the day. Hand sanitizer usage is acceptable when handwashing is not feasible.
● High traffic use areas and the overall facilities and school buses will continue to be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
● Water fountains will be available for use, as they were during our summer camps.
● The choice to wear or not wear a mask is an acceptable option.
● Field trips will be allowed to occur, and safety protocols will be followed, as was done during the spring semester. A news release with those expectations will be shared soon.
● Parents should monitor their children for any signs and symptoms of illness. Sick students should stay at home until they are symptom-free for 24 hours without any fever-reducing medicines.
● Students who test positive for COVID may return to school after 5 days if symptom-free for 24 hours. Contact your child’s school nurse with any information regarding your student’s illness to determine the next steps and/or return date.
● Parents of close contacts will be notified.