A 21-year-old Murfreesboro man was transported to a Nashville hospital after severing his hand while attempting to shoot fireworks from the sunroof of a car.
An unidentified Murfreesboro man was holding a mortar in his left hand when it exploded on Wednesday night.
A 20-year old woman who was also in the vehicle suffered slight head injuries, minor burns to her neck and upper back, and complained of ear pain.
Experts remind everyone that fireworks can cause serious injury with careless and incorrect use. Be sure to follow instructions on the items you buy and ask lots of questions to the retailers you are purchasing from. Remember if they can’t answer your questions you might want to buy from a qualified retailer.