Tullahoma City Schools is excited to welcome back students to in-person learning for the coming 2021-2022
school year for all Pre-K through 12th grade students. The students’ first day of school is Monday, August 2nd
“Even in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, we experienced a successful 2020-2021 school year thanks to our
teachers, staff, students and families. We responded appropriately to the challenges of COVID-19 and made it
through a most unusual year,” said TCS Director of Schools Dr. Catherine Stephens. “We appreciate all of the
efforts put in place to ensure that we maintained a safe, healthy, positive and productive learning environment.”
As the new school year approaches, TCS will be referring to the updated CDC school guidelines to direct
COVID-19 practices. This is the first of several communications that the district will publish regarding the start
of the 2021 – 2022 school year. We will provide more information in the coming days and weeks.
Please review the following updates:
● Mask use is recommended for students, teachers, and staff who are not fully vaccinated.
Generally, when outdoors, individuals do not need to wear masks.
● Tullahoma City Schools will follow CDC recommendations on maintaining 3 feet of physical
distance when feasible.
● The district will continue with enhanced cleaning and disinfecting high traffic use areas, as
well as the overall facilities and buses.
● Students, teachers and staff are recommended to continue proper soap and water
handwashing routinely throughout the day. Hand sanitizer usage will be acceptable when
hand washing is not feasible.
● Taking temperatures of students, employees and guests before entering each campus will not
be continued during the 2021-2022 school year. Data from the previous school year did not
indicate that this was a beneficial practice.
● Visitors will be welcomed but on a limited basis in order to reduce possible transmission of
COVID-19 or variants, based upon school and classroom capabilities at the discretion of
Tullahoma City Schools encourages students, teachers and staff members to stay home when sick.
Additionally, the district encourages the use of outdoor classrooms and spaces for learning, exercise and
Please note that the above guidelines may be altered based upon local transmission rates or from updated
guidelines from the CDC. Visit the Tullahoma City Schools website to read the latest guidelines.