Members of the department with the new apparatuses

Hickerson Station VFD Receives Federal Grant

Top photo: Members of the department with the new apparatuses. Side photo is a close up of the Members of the department with the new apparatuses.

For the past 3 years, Hickerson Station VFD has been actively working to secure funding for our outdated Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, also known as “air packs.” Their current SCBAs have been in service since 2003 and have surpassed their normal service life.

The department decided to apply for FEMA’s Assistance to Firefighters grant in January 2021 with the help of a local grant writer. With this grant, FEMA would pay 95% of the cost towards new SCBAs, and the other 5% would be purchased with funds from the Hickerson Station VFD. They were notified they were not selected that following December.

So they decided to re-apply for the grant in January 2022. Hickerson Station VFD was notified last month that they had been selected for the grant and were approved to purchase 20 new air packs, with FEMA’s portion totaling just over $153k.

Hickerson Station VFD are incredibly blessed and excited to begin training with these new SCBAs and putting them into service within the next couple of weeks. With this new equipment, they can ensure the safety of firemen who volunteer their time and energy to keep the members of the community safe.

Lucky Knott

Lucky Knott

One of Southern Tennessee's most experienced and recognized news broadcasters and play-by-play sportscasters. News and Sports Director for Rooster 101.5 FM, 93.9 The Duck and Whiskey Country 105.1, and 95.9. He is currently the play-by-play voice of the Coffee County Red Raiders (31 years) on The Rooster 101.5 and can be heard M-F broadcasting our local news. Lucky has done play-by-play for 3,993 (and counting) sports events on Radio & TV. He also served four years as the Public Information Officer for the Coffee Co. Sheriff's Dept. and taught Radio/TV for six years at Grundy County High School.

Related Posts

javhdhay dark haired babe anal fucked pov by rocco siffredi. xvideos3
Scroll to Top