Manchester City Schools will welcome students back on August 2, 2021 with registration from 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. The first full day for students is August 4. The district will be open with in-person learning.
To insure the health and safety of their students, faculty, and staff Manchester City Schools will continue to look to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), national, state, and local health officials for guidance to ensure safe in-person learning. An overview of their health and safety guidelines are provided below.
- Face masks are recommended indoors for individuals not fully vaccinated. Masks are optional.
- Social distancing measures are recommended whenever possible.
- Regular handwashing and use of hand sanitizer are recommended.
- Frequently touched surfaces will undergo cleaning often, and no less than daily. Staff will perform additional disinfecting on frequently touched surfaces and equipment throughout the day as possible.
- Students who are kept home or sent home for illness with COVID symptoms will be required to follow the COVID-19 Return to School Protocol, which will be updated and released at the beginning of the school year.
- Visitors will be limited inside school buildings during school hours. Visitors may attend afterschool events, such as PTA activities, Open Houses, sporting events, etc.
- The above protocols apply to all athletic activities and extracurricular programs.
- Athletic activities will also follow all applicable TSSAA, Coffee County Health Department, and state/national guidance.
Please contact your child’s school if you have any questions or concerns:
Manchester City Schools Dr. Joey Vaughn, Director 728-2316
Coordinated School Health Leslie Brasfield, RN 728-2805
College Street Elementary Tom Jacobs, Principal 728-2805
Callie Millaway, RN
Westwood Elementary Rebecca Welch, Principal 728-3412
Jennifer Banks, RN
Westwood Middle Jim Stone, Principal 728-2071
Joyce Crites, RN